This hearty soup is perfect for fall weather. The extra kick from turmeric is an immune-booster and adds the ideal spice!
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 lb Russet Potatoes, peeled & chopped into 1/2in cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup cashew cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté leek & garlic until leek is wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add potatoes, vegetable broth, bay leaf, thyme, and a bit of salt & pepper (about 1/4 tsp each). Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Add turmeric. Stir, cover & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Pour contents of pot into a food processor or blender. Blend until desired soup consistency (about 20-30 seconds).
- Pour back into the same pot & add cashew cream. Stir & simmer for 10 minutes, adding salt & pepper as desired.
- Serve warm, with tips of leek for garnish if desired.